SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-ERRATA Archives

October 2008

SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-ERRATA@LISTSERV.FNAL.GOV

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Oct 2008 15:27:32 -0500
Synopsis:	Moderate: yum security update
Issue date:	2008-10-06

When RedHat started putting the %{dist} variable into their rpm names, it took
the Scientific Linux developers a while to believe that was what they were
really going to settle on. (There were two other distribution naming schemes
RedHat used before this, so we thought this one would only last a month or
two.)  As a result, we ended up with several security updates with poor names.
  These poorly named packages could not be updated when newer security updates
came out.

This yum update contains a plugin called "versionfix".  Versionfix allows yum
to update poorly named packages.  These poorly named packages will be updated
the next time yum is run.  On a normal system, this will be the next day.

SL 4.x

    SRPMS:
yum-2.4.3-4.SL.src.rpm
    i386: