SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

September 2008

From:
James Fait <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
James Fait <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Sep 2008 05:41:49 -0500
I also use Vim to do the changes, though once the basic modes, etc are
in place, I use gnome-display-properties to adjust the screen
resolution.  This is the applet that is called Screen Resolution in the
System/Preferences menu.

I also use xvidtune to manually tune up the screen position, as I have
my systems on KVM switches, and no two display adapters are the same,
especially across OS's.  The modeline from xvidtune has to be manually
entered, though.

Hope this helps.

Jim

On Tue, 2008-09-23 at 17:52 -0500, Eve V. E. Kovacs wrote:
> How does one configure the display for an SL5.2 system?
> I have tried running system-config-display to change the resolution,
> but nothing happens. xorg.conf is unchanged.
> Thanks,
> Eve

> Eve Kovacs
> Argonne National Laboratory,