SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

September 2008

From:
Mark Dalton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Dalton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Sep 2008 12:08:44 -0400
Hi Ciupu,

I run Scientific Linux 5.2 and as far as I can tell, it comes with
GNUemacs but not xemacs so

yum install emacs

only gives me "Nothing to do", but no xemacs.  I could install from source
but it is more work, especially in the long term because it needs to be
done regularly with version changes.  This is why I ask if there is a yum
repository with binaries already available (which presumably will be
updated.)  Judging by your answer, you think there is such a repository,
please would you give me its name.

Thanks,
Mark

--