SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

September 2008

Date:
Fri, 12 Sep 2008 16:39:19 +0200
Hi all,

I just wanted to report that I found a very nice astronomy program
called "XEphem", which would make a worthy addition to SL's
repositories, provided its licence isn't a show-stopper.

Although not GPL'd, it used to be in TUV's repos around version 5
pre-EL. It's open source and free for personal and educational use.

Anyway, I was able to build it from source without a hitch (you'll
probably need package openmotif-devel installed).

XEphem site with lots of screenshots:

<http://www.clearskyinstitute.com/xephem/>

Regards,
Andrea