SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

September 2008

From:
Bob Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 2008 14:36:06 -0600
It appears that I have a problem running firstboot after installing SL
5.2 on a system with an ASUS MSA-VM - AMD 690G Chipset based
motherboard. I think that the integrated ATI Radeon X1250 GPU video is
not recognized because the error (which is very hard to catch since it
is at the bottom of the started services - just when the system switches
to graphical mode hiding the message) indicates something like "there is
an X Windows system error returned to firstboot."
When I install a separate video card in the system, firstboot initiates OK.
Any suggestions about how to get the onboard video functional will be
welcomed.

--
Bob Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Local Area Administrator (780) 492-5160