SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

September 2008

From:
John Summerfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Summerfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Sep 2008 08:39:27 +0800
Jon Peatfield wrote:

> I don't mind being called John because I know that plenty of people
> assume that if they just hear it.  At least that gives the right
> initials, you may not believe some of the random corruptions I've ended
> up with from vendors (Tom, Tim, Jan are common).
>
> And as for my surname... :-)

Some people do; Uncle William Ray ... did not like people wrongly
expanding Ray to Raymond (but everyone calling him Bill was fine).

It amazes me that people, native English speakers, cannot spell my
surname:-) A German watchmaker Dad took his watch to had other ideas,
and spelled it accordingly.

--

Cheers
John