SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2008

From:
Alex Kruchkoff <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alex Kruchkoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 2008 08:24:43 +1000
A related problem: when I do ssh -X to my SL box.
And from there I try to start xterm -- I've got an error:

xterm Xt error: Can't open display
xterm: DISPLAY is not set

Any idea how to fix it?

About a month and half ago I had similar problem on Solaris 10:
downgrading patches from 126133-03 to 126133-02 fixed it.
But if I'll install older rpm on SL -- next day it would be auto-updated.

Cheers
Alex