SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2008

From:
Jon Peatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jon Peatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Aug 2008 03:21:02 +0100
On Fri, 22 Aug 2008, Wayne Betts wrote:

<snip>
>>  Hi Wayne,
>>  This is not an oops, it is on purpose.
>>   From the README in that directory
>>
>>  "These versions of openssh have been patched to be able to use
>>  both the old and the new versions of gssapi.  This allows them
>>  to do kerberos authentication with both kerberized openssh before
>>  openssh 3.9, and after openssh 3.9"
>>
>>  But we do not have the openssh server configured so that it does kerberos
>>  only, like we do in SLF's version of openssh-server.
>>  Why?
>>  Well, if we did, you'd be worrying alot more than just having it do aklog
>>  when you log in.  You wouldn't be able to log in any other way than
>>  kerberos.  And I don't think you want that.
>>  So we have it configured to have the same settings that you get with the
>>  regular openssh-server that you get from RedHat.
>
> Thanks for the response Troy, but I'll have to put on the SL dunce hat and
> sit in a corner for a while, because I've searched in vain for the README or
> directory you're referring to.

Look for example in:

   ftp://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/46/i386/contrib/RPMS/openssh/

I note that the text of the README is different in:

   ftp://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/46/x86_64/contrib/RPMS/openssh/

but that may be intentional.

If you don't want the extra kerb stuff you may not want these contrib
packages.

  -- Jon