SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2008

From:
Eva Myers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eva Myers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Aug 2008 14:47:02 +0100
I am trying to get Skype working on an SL44 system, and as a first
step in this direction I tried plugging in a Logitech USB headset to
see whether it worked.  It appeared to be autodetected i.e. when I
open Volume Control after plugging it in, there are two tabs:

HDA Intel [Alsa Mixer]
Logitech USB Headset [Alsa Mixer]

However, I couldn't hear anything through the headphones even when I
muted everything in the HDA Intel tab and unmuted everything in the
Logitech USB Headset tab.  Also, system-config-soundcard stops working
when the headset is plugged in, and just gives the following error
messages:

[root@sirtommy ~]# system-config-soundcard
/usr/share/system-config-soundcard/soundcard.py:151: DeprecationWarning: use gtk.ComboBox
  self.primaryDeviceOptionMenu = gtk.OptionMenu()
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/system-config-soundcard/system-config-soundcard.py", line 46, in ?
    app = soundcard.childWindow()
  File "/usr/share/system-config-soundcard/soundcard.py", line 159, in __init__
    self.primaryDeviceMenu.set_active(self.cardList.index(self.soundcardBackend.getDefaultCard()))
ValueError: list.index(x): x not in list

Eva.