SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2008

From:
Stephan Wiesand <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stephan Wiesand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Aug 2008 17:44:04 +0200
Hi,

another alternative may be IPMI. If supported by the hardware:

# yum install OpenIPMI-tools OpenIPMI
# service ipmi start
# ipmitool sdr type temperature
mb.t_amb         | 05h | ok  |  7.0 | 25 degrees C
fp.t_amb         | 14h | ok  | 12.0 | 20 degrees C
pdb.t_amb        | 1Bh | ok  | 19.0 | 17 degrees C
io.t_amb         | 22h | ok  | 15.0 | 20 degrees C
p0.t_core        | 29h | ok  |  3.0 | 41 degrees C
p1.t_core        | 32h | ok  |  3.1 | 40 degrees C

Cheers,
 	Stephan

--
Stephan Wiesand