SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2008

From:
Marcus Ebert <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Marcus Ebert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Aug 2008 17:17:42 +0200
Hi Troy,

thanks for your answer!
But there is still a problem with it:
lm_sensors is already installed but sensors-detect has a problem. If I
start it I get the following output:
This program will help you determine which I2C/SMBus modules you need to
load to use lm_sensors most effectively. You need to have i2c and
lm_sensors installed before running this program.
Also, you need to be `root', or at least have access to the /dev/i2c-*
files, for most things.
If you have patched your kernel and have some drivers built in, you can
safely answer NO if asked to load some modules. In this case, things may
seem a bit confusing, but they will still work.

It is generally safe and recommended to accept the default answers to all
questions, unless you know what you're doing.

 We can start with probing for (PCI) I2C or SMBus adapters.
 You do not need any special privileges for this.
 Do you want to probe now? (YES/no):
Probing for PCI bus adapters...
Sorry, no PCI bus adapters found.

We will now try to load each adapter module in turn.
If you have undetectable or unsupported adapters, you can have them
scanned by manually loading the modules before running this script.

 To continue, we need module `i2c-dev' to be loaded.
 If it is built-in into your kernel, you can safely skip this.
i2c-dev is already loaded.

 We are now going to do the adapter probings. Some adapters may hang halfway
 through; we can't really help that. Also, some chips will be double detected;
 we choose the one with the highest confidence value in that case.
 If you found that the adapter hung after probing a certain address, you can
 specify that address to remain unprobed. That often
 includes address 0x69 (clock chip).
Can't exec "i2cdetect": Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden at /usr/sbin/sensors-detect line 4695, <STDIN> line 1.
Couldn't find i2cdetect program!! at /usr/sbin/sensors-detect line 4695, <STDIN> line 1.

I would expect that i2cdetect is part of lm_sensors which is installed but
I can't find it.... :(

Do I still have something different to install?

Cheers,
 Marcus
--
     Please, don't send Word, Excel or PowerPoint attachments -
           use pdf, plain text or HTML format instead.