SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2008

From:
Keith Lofstrom <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 11 Aug 2008 18:52:29 -0700
I was at LIGO, the Large Interferometer Gravitational Observatory,
this weekend.  Their control room uses mostly Sun, but also Linux:

   http://www.keithl.com/ligolinux.jpg
   http://www.keithl.com/ligolinux1.jpg

Poorly focused and taken quickly, (and I scrubbed the filenames out,
just in case) but you can see the Gnome desktop and Firefox.  This
was a standard desktop background for clones of Redhat Enterprise,
I think version 4.  Perhaps SL4?

Keith

--
Keith Lofstrom          [log in to unmask]         Voice (503)-520-1993