SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2008

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Aug 2008 15:25:43 -0500
Hello,
Due to an error in a rpm macro, all of the x86_64 security errata that was
released this week was built incorrectly.  It wasn't just nss_ldap.
We are in the process of rebuilding all of them.  But for right now, we are
pulling all the x86_64 security errata for SL4 off the distribution servers.
I realize that many of you already have these updates, and I apologize for
taking so long to see the problem.  I am working on getting everything back to
normal.
But just so you know, the security errata that is going out right now, has been
checked, and it did compile correctly.
But if you happen to try to do an update for SL4 x86_64 in the next couple
hours, you might get an error of a package or two missing.  This is because it
takes a while to rebuild the yum/apt repositories for SL4.
Again, we are sorry for the inconvenience this might/has caused.
Troy
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/LCSI/CSI DSS Group