SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2008

From:
Christopher Hunter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Christopher Hunter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Aug 2008 10:44:04 -0400
I don't pay much attention to other distros...could someone give an
overview how Sci Linux & CentOS differ ?

A quick read of the CentOS homepage mentions their growing community
base, quick errata release, 100% binary compatibility, etc.

The SciLinux FAQ mentions it is good for local institutions to customize
to fit their needs (ie. scientific linux "sites"). My experience is
SciLinux also has quick errata release, 100% binary compatibility, etc.

Cheers,

--
Chris Hunter