SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2008

From:
Brian Andrus <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brian Andrus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Aug 2008 18:52:42 -0700
I am getting deja vu here!

Brian Andrus
-------------------------------
Dr Andrew C Aitchison wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Jul 2008, Troy Dawson wrote:
>
>> Fernando Rannou wrote:
>>>  Hello,
>>>  I wanted to access  the scientificlinux home page, but
>>>  my browser (firefox) displays this error message:
>
>> We currently have a self signed certificate.
>> We are working on getting a certificate that you have to pay for. (ie..
>> valid)
>
> I can understand https for the downloads,
> but can't the home page and information be http ?

It's a plone thing.  Back when we started, plone only did https if
anyone was going to log in.  Maybe the newer versions can be more fine
tuned to only do https when you are logging in.  I'll ask them.
Troy
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/LCSI/CSI DSS Group