SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

August 2008

From:
Stephan Wiesand <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stephan Wiesand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Aug 2008 16:23:12 +0200
On Fri, 22 Aug 2008, Jan Iven wrote:

> On 08/22/2008 02:57 PM, Stephan Wiesand wrote:
>> Hi Connie & Troy,
>>
>> RHSA-2008-0855 scares me.
>>
>> There's not much information in that advisory, but it sounds like
>> someone signed trojaned ssh packages with TUV's key.
>
> (Red Hat claims that these never made it through RHN to customer
> machines, so that only some unspecified other channels would be affected).

Well, they make no claims regarding their public ftp Server, do they?

>> Could you please verify that the SRPMS you built from had not been
>> tampered with, and let us know?
>
> Red Hat only mentions some binary RPMs as being affected, given that SL
> recompiles everything I hope we are largely safe. Nevertheless, they've
> released updates for all platforms.

I must have missed the "binary" part. And from the check script:

   # Alternatively, the script can be passed a list of RPM filenames:
   #
   #     $ bash ./openssh-blacklist-1.0.sh some.i386.rpm other.src.rpm

I don't think it's very likely that SL is in trouble. But let's make sure.
Unfortunately, I can't find the SL4/5 SRPMS on my SL mirror, hence the
request.

Regards,
 	Stephan

--