SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2008

From:
Jon Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jon Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jun 2008 17:21:49 +0100
Eva Myers wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 10:48:33AM -0500, Troy Dawson wrote:
>
>> Eva Myers wrote:
>>
>>> Dear All,
>>> After the freetype packages were updated this morning on my SL44
>>> systems, I noticed that openoffice wasn't working any more - all
>>> documents come up blank.  The versions of these packages I have are
>>> shown below:
>>>
>> [...]
>>
>> Looking into this,
>> Is it only OpenOffice affected?  Are other programs, such as firefox,
>> having the same problem?
>>

> Firefox "looks different" with pages appearing in a larger "curvier"
> font, but AFAIK only OpenOffice is actually misbehaving.
> Eva.

I can corroborate this.  A number of SL 4.4 users here have complained
that openoffice is 'not working any more'.  When openoffice files are
opened, text is missing from the display.  (Not all text is missing, I
think that it is only text written in the default font - I can't tell
you what that font is though.)  Using my SL 4.4. system, I have also
noticed that some firefox text looks different and can also report that
Thunderbird has changed the default font in which I write emails.

Regards,
Jon

--
Jon Clark