SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2008

From:
Stephan Wiesand <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stephan Wiesand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jun 2008 15:57:18 +0200
On Thu, 19 Jun 2008, Jon Peatfield wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Jun 2008, Stephan Wiesand wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 18 Jun 2008, Connie Sieh wrote:
>>
>>>  x86_64 is now available.
>>
>> I'm having trouble with both when enabling local extra repositories in
>> kickstart profiles:
>>
>>   File "/usr/bin/anaconda", line 982, in ?
>>    anaconda.intf.run(anaconda)
>> AttributeError: 'AnacondaYumRepo' object has no attribute 'metadata_cookie'
>>
>> This may be a bit difficult to reproduce. It seems I have to add several
>> (up to 4) repositories to reliably trigger this, but I haven't figured out
>> the details. And I've seen this problem on x86_64 with a profile adding
>> nothing but the local mirror of the currently empty updates/security.
> <snip>
>
> Does it happen if you add N empty extra repos or do they have to contain
> something?  What kind method(s) are you using to access the various repos?
> (I mean ftp:, http:, file: locations for the repos).

I'm testing this in two different settings (quite different kickstart
profiles, and even a different mirror of the SL install tree):

- In the first case, I add four repositories, two of which have no rpms.
It seems adding up to three, no matter which ones, works. Adding the
fourth breaks things. Behaviour is the same for i386 and x86_64.

- In the second case, I add exactly one empty repository: updates/security
from the install tree. Here i386 works, but x86_64 installs reliably fail
with this error.

I said it's a bit weird....

All repository URLs are http ones (except of course the
ftp://ftp.scientificlinux.org one coded into the python module).

The same profiles work with 5.0and 5.1. We did hundreds of kickstart
installations without this problem.

--
Stephan Wiesand
   DESY - DV -