SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2008

Date:
Fri, 20 Jun 2008 08:42:00 -0500
After installing a RAID 1 system, you should not shutdown the system until
the system has a chance to complete the sync of both disks.  Maybe this is
the reason for your problem.

I'm a little confused why you want to deactivate the second channel and
reactivate it once a week to resync.  I have systems that have run with both
disks for 4 years or more without any problems.  I think this is the way it
is supposed to work.  The way you are doing it you are better off not
configuring the system as RAID and simply doing a manual sync once a week.