SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2008

From:
Jon Peatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jon Peatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 2008 18:12:42 +0100
On Tue, 3 Jun 2008, Ken Teh wrote:

> More on this problem:  I tried to start the system via the rescue mode to see
> if I could manually issue the NFS mount command.  Unfortunately, the rescue
> mode does not work.
>
> So far the only thing that works is manually feeding the CDs.  Which is what
> I'm trying to get away from.  :\

Just to confirm we do sl51 installs with nfs kickstart files all the time
and it works fine for us - in our case we are PXE booting with pxelinux
but that shouldn't make much difference anyway.

If you boot from the CDs and get to the console-2 bash prompt can you NFS
mount the directory from that server by hand?

Can you run tcpdump on the nfs server and see if that sheds any light on
what the problem might be?

  -- Jon