SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2008

From:
Jan Iven <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 9 Jun 2008 14:26:02 +0200
On 06/06/08 19:03, Ken Teh wrote:
[..]
> %post
> [ -d /mnt/SL ] || mkdir -p /mnt/SL
> mount -rvt nfs server.anl.gov:/SL /mnt/SL
> if [ $? = 0 ]; then
>   echo "server.anl.gov:/SL mounted"
> else
>   echo "failed to mount server.anl.gov:/SL
>   exit 0
> fi

The error message from mount, as well as the saved syslog file might
have some clues, but perhaps you haven't installed portmap (or haven't
started it)? You will also need nfs-utils, and I've seen recommendations
to use the "-o nolock" mount option in %post.

If this all still fails, I'd suggest to break out into a shell in the
"fail" tree of your %post, to allow you to do some debugging. Something
like

chvt 6
/bin/bash -i </dev/tty6 >&/dev/tty6