SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2008

Date:
Fri, 6 Jun 2008 12:03:36 -0500
Follow-up question:

I discovered this missing dependencies as part of an network install in the
%post section.  My procedure is to NFS mount a remote directory where I keep
several post install scripts that configure the machine exactly the way I
want it.  The NFS mount does not seem work anymore.  I have the following
lines in my %post section

%post
[ -d /mnt/SL ] || mkdir -p /mnt/SL
mount -rvt nfs server.anl.gov:/SL /mnt/SL
if [ $? = 0 ]; then
   echo "server.anl.gov:/SL mounted"
else
   echo "failed to mount server.anl.gov:/SL
   exit 0
fi

cd /
/mnt/SL/51/post/postcommon

I can mount the directory fine after the installation reboot and can run the
scripts manually.  Any ideas what the difference might be between a
post-configure after a reboot and a post-configure during the anaconda %post
section?  Obviously, the kernel is different.  But, I load my kickstart
script via NFS from the same server where I want to fetch the post-configure
scripts in the %post section.