SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2008

From:
Eduardo Bach <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eduardo Bach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jun 2008 14:22:01 -0300
Hello Rhys and Larry, at all,
 I am writing just to thank for the help. After a dark period I could
install the hugemem and the problem disappeared. The wa indices in top
fell to acceptable levels and the machine is having a better performance
but still well lower running the gentoo livecd. As the problem was
solved, I had to recover all the work that was delayed, and I have not
had time to investigate the .config of the two kernels, but I will do
it. As soon as I finish this, I will inform you of my conclusions.
Thanks again.

Eduardo Bach