SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2008

From:
Eduardo Bach <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eduardo Bach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 May 2008 20:17:53 -0300
Hello Larry at all

your question led me to make a brief search about the hugemen and it
appears that the kernel has some tricks, not only to be used in systems
with more than 16GB of ram. He also supports a 4GB user space, a
departure from the 3GB  that are set in default configuration. He also
supporting systems with 64GB, and I don't know if it is the same
configuration that allows use with systems with 16GB. It has taken me to
try see the default kernel configuration, but not succeeded. To do that
I normally do zcat /proc/congi.gz, but it seems the defautl kernel is
not compiled with the option "kernel. Config support".

This leads me to another help request. Someone know how I can get the
.config of default and hugemem kernel? to study the differences?

Thank you now.
Eduardo Bach