SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2008

From:
Rhys Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rhys Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 May 2008 22:05:11 +0100
Hi Eduardo,

Try running kernel-hugemem instead of the normal kernel, I recently
had similar problems to you which were fixed by running
kernel-hugemem.

I upgraded the RAM in a machine from 2gb to 4gb and it ran really
slowly with the normal kernel, but fine with kernel-hugemem

yum install kernel-hugemem

rebboot and pick kernel-hugmem on boot.

Good luck,

Rhys