SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2008

From:
Jan Kundrát <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jan Kundrát <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 May 2008 20:26:36 +0200
Zhi-Wei Lu wrote:
> I am applying the latest updates to a number of systems, those with LDAP
>    configured failed to boot at "Start system message bus",  those
> without LDAP configured booted just fine!
>
> Any suggestion?

Hi, a 5.1 desktop box that is LDAPized boots fine here (using remote
LDAP servers, not a local slapd). My guess is that your /etc/ldap.conf
doesn't contain the following line (wrapped for purposes of mail) and
that network/slapd isn't available by the time dbus starts:

nss_initgroups_ignoreusers
root,ldap,named,avahi,haldaemon,dbus,radvd,tomcat,radiusd,news,mailman

That line tells NSS not to ask LDAP for any information concerning the
listed users, including the user that the dbus ("messagebus") runs under.

Hope this helps,
-jkt