SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

May 2008

From:
Stephan Wiesand <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stephan Wiesand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 May 2008 22:08:24 +0200
Hi Troy,

On Wed, 30 Apr 2008, Troy Dawson wrote:

> Hi All,
> We will once again be having a Plenary (a discussion/forum) at Hepix.  I am
> gathering a list of things people want to discuss.
>
> What do people want to discuss?

you should probably take the silence as an indication that SL is working
very well as it is, and hence there isn't all that much to discuss.

In fact, the only topic coming to my mind is the roadmap:

SL4 EOL: Given that both the Grid middleware and the LHC experiment
software are barely ready for SL4 now, we'll probably have to run SL4
systems for years to come. I'm not happy about this, but I can't help it.
I heard rumours that FNAL will completely switch to SL5 this year and
drop SL4 support. Is this true?

SL6: TUVEL6 seems unlikely before 2009 (right?), so this is not really a
hot topic yet, but I wonder whether there'll be an SL6 or SL will just
become an add-on repository for CentOS6 at this point (as proposed
already for SL5 by Jarek)?

Cheers,
 	Stephan

PS When will you arrive? Anyone in for a pre-HEPiX SL meeting in
    restaurant 1 on Saturday or Sunday?

--
Stephan Wiesand
   DESY - DV -