SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

May 2008

From:
Jon Peatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jon Peatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 May 2008 17:51:34 +0100
On Fri, 9 May 2008, Jon Peatfield wrote:

> On Thu, 8 May 2008, Klaus Steinberger wrote:
>
>>  Hello Troy and Connie,
>>
>>  the latest kernel src.rpm are missing in the repos (both 2.6.18-53.1.14 as
>>  well as 26.18-53.1.19 ).
>>
>>  I'm asking as I probably have to rebuild kernels, as again the fix for the
>>  slow NFS Client isn't in the kernel.
>
> Built but currently untested versions with the nfs patches (slow client and
> broken nfsacl on server) can be found in our local packages repo:
>
>  http://www.damtp.cam.ac.uk/linux/sl/damtp/5x/
>
> hopefully in the obvious sub-directories etc.  The createrepo stuff is
> running now so shortly it should be a valid repo containing them again (if
> anyone cares).
<snip>

In case anyone is interested kernels based on 2.6.18-53.1.21 with the NFS
changes can now also be found in this tree.

They have only had light tested so far 'cos I only found/read

   https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2008-0275.html

at lunchtime today. We have them running on 1 x86_64 and 4 x86 machines so
far with no obvious problems.

--
Jon Peatfield,  Computer Officer,  DAMTP,  University of Cambridge
Mail:  [log in to unmask]     Web:  http://www.damtp.cam.ac.uk/