SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

April 2008

From:
Jon Peatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jon Peatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Apr 2008 00:55:28 +0100
On Thu, 27 Mar 2008, Dr Andrew C Aitchison wrote:

> http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/51/x86_64/SL/ has
> emacs-21.4-18.1.el5.x86_64.rpm
>
> but http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/51/i386/SL/ has
> emacs-21.4-20.el5.i386.rpm
>
> ... so x86_64 has an earlier emacs than i386
>
> http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/51/SRPMS/vendor/ has
> emacs-21.4-18.1.el5.src.rpm
>
> Should I be looking for emacs-21.4-20.el5.{src,x86_64}.rpm somewhere else ?

Sorry for changing the Cc but I think that scientific-linux-devel is
probably more appropriate since it looks like the srpm got missed during
build and (possibly as a result) the x86_64 version didn't get rebuild
between SL5.0 and 5.1 while the i386 version did.

Looking round I also see that the following srpms (which I was about to do
a rebuild from) seem to be missing:

   createrepo-0.4.11-1.el5
   dhcp-3.0.5-7.el5

so I wrote a little script to check for any others which arn't where I
expect to find them... and for my mirror of the sl51 i386 tree it suggests
that there are over 200 src.rpm files missing (where we have an rpm which
claims a particular src.rpm name).

I stopped the script at that point 'cos I'm obviously doing something
wrong or looking in the wrong places for the src.rpm files, or maybe my
mirror is broken...

--
Jon Peatfield,  Computer Officer,  DAMTP,  University of Cambridge
Mail:  [log in to unmask]     Web:  http://www.damtp.cam.ac.uk/