SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2008

From:
"P. Larry Nelson" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
P. Larry Nelson
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 2008 13:41:56 -0500
Thanks Troy!  Yes, yum-conf on the systems that went to SL 4.6
is yum-conf-4x-1-7.SL, whereas the systems that stayed at SL 4.4
have yum-conf-44-1.SL.

But how that happened is now yet another mystery.  ALL my systems
were installed using the same set of SL 4.4 CD's.

How could some wind up with a different yum-conf?  Granted, they
were all built at different times over the past couple of years.
Could they have picked up a different yum-conf depending on WHEN
they were built?

The only thing I can think is that my office mate built some of
the 40 systems, so maybe he did something different.  Of course,
that begs the question: how would one specify a different yum-conf
during installation?

And then the next question: what's the best way to make them all the
same (assuming we decide to take them all to SL 4.6) - do a
'yum remove yum-conf' followed by a 'yum install yum-conf-4x-1-7.SL' ?

Thanks!
- Larry

--
P. Larry Nelson (217-244-9855) | Systems/Network Administrator
461 Loomis Lab                 | High Energy Physics Group