SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2008

From:
Aldo Saavedra <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Aldo Saavedra <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 2008 12:29:41 +1100
Hi Troy,

Thanks for your answer. It is the version that came with the SL 4.5
distribution.

For the actual version: In the about dialog, it only displays 2.0.4 and if
I hold down ctr + S D T  then I get 680m5 build 9073 .. does this
correspond to the version you mentioned that was available
in december from the repository, openoffice.org2 2.0.4-5.7.0.3.0 or
is it still the original version?

Cheers,
Aldo

Troy Dawson wrote:
> Aldo Saavedra wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have the following problem with the
>> the openoffice that is part of the SL4.5 distribution
>>
>> If it I use it twice, the computer completely locks when starting to
>> display the document.
>> The work around I found was to delete the .openoffice.org2.0 directory
>> after every session.
>>
>> I thought a patch or some fix would be pushed out to fix the problem but
>> I'm not sure that
>> has been the case since I do not have root access of the machine.
>>
>> Is there a fix or a new version available from the repository?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Aldo
>>

> Is this openoffice.org2 from the SL 4.5, or downloaded straight from
> OpenOffice.org?
>
> If it was from SL 4.5, then the last update was in December, and is
> version
>
> openoffice.org2 2.0.4-5.7.0.3.0
>
> If it is straight from openoffice.org, then they are up to version 2.3.
>
> Troy

Aldo F. Saavedra
Phone: +61 (0) 2 9351 5970
Fax  : +61 (0) 2 9351 7726