SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2008

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Mar 2008 09:09:35 -0500
Niels Walet wrote:
> I hate replying to my own messages, but all indications are that redhat g
> ave
> up on having a CLI tool. The description found at
> http://cyberelk.net/tim/2007/05/04/what-happened-to-printconf-tui/ "argue
> s"
> the case for abandoning it. Not convinced I agree if these are networked
> printers, and I only want to install a few with the correct drivers. Of
> course we can install a print server, but why?
> I still would like to see a high quality script that does this job though
> !
>
> Niels

I am not a printer expert (which is why I haven't replied earlier) but can't
you just take the configuration files in /etc/cups/ from the one machine that
has them all, and just copy it to the other machine?

Troy
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/LCSI/CSI DSS Group