SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2008

From:
Iwona Sakrejda <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Iwona Sakrejda <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 2008 11:34:17 -0800
Various emergencies took me away for my quest to add
site-specific rpms to the install I downloaded for SL 4.4.
With your reply I made a significant progress, but still
have some questions about the process described at:
https://www.scientificlinux.org/documentation/howto/create.site

I created my site in the <tree>/sites/ directory by copying
the <tree>/sites/example directory. Then I added my own RPMs
into <tree>/sites/<mysite>/Updates as suggested in:
ftp://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/30x/i386/sites/example/build/documentation/README.steps

I started with scripts/README. I did modify locations.include
as you are suggesting, but that's where I first tripped.
The README file says:

Change TREE= to point to your <tree>

And in the file the TREE is built automatically and you need to
set RELEASEDIR. One can infer from the context how the two
are related, but would be nicer if README talked about the RELEASEDIR.

Then I ran make.everything.sh  and it seemed to finish happily.

Now in my kickstart file I used to have:
#Install OS instead of upgrade
install
#Use NFS installation Media
nfs --server=<someserver>  --dir=<tree>

I was looking at what got modified by the
make.everything.sh script and (as the name suggests)
it was writing all over the place, not only in the <mysite>
directory...

Thanks a lot for all the help,

Iwona