SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2008

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 2008 09:42:12 -0600
Andrea wrote:
> Fernando Avila Castro <[log in to unmask]> ha scritto:
>
>> On Sun, 2 Mar 2008, Andrea wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> does anyone know where I can find kstars? Unfortunately it's not in
>>> the repositories I have enabled (atrpms, dag, epel, flash, sl-base,
>>> sl-bugfix-52, sl-contrib, sl-security, sl-srpms).
>>       It's part of the kdeedu package.
>

> I can't find the kdeedu package. Are you guys using some extra
> repository I don't have?
>
> Thanks,
> Andrea
>

> P.S.: I'm also a bit shocked to learn that yum can find no Amarok
> package...

To be honest, I've had a hard time finding it as well.  It's not in any of our
normal repositories.  I finally found it in our mirror of linux-ink.

ftp://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/extra/linux-ink/5x/projects/edu/kdeedu/RPMS/i386

I think kdeedu would be a very good addition to Scientific Linux.  It deals
with all sorts of science and education.  I really like it.  I'll look into
getting it into contrib, and if it works out, into the release.

Troy
p.s. Amarok is s different story.  But I too am surprised it isn't in any
repository.  Maybe they have it over at CentOS.

Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/LCSI/CSI DSS Group