SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2008

From:
Johan Mares <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Johan Mares <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Mar 2008 09:24:58 +0200
Michael Hannon wrote:
> Hi, folks.  One of the profs here has requested that we install "Mozilla
> SeaMonkey or other webpage editors" on an SL 5.0 system here.
>
> I've read the discussion on this list about the lack of Seamonkey, the
> reasons for the lack, and the possible workarounds.  I generally prefer
> to keep our systems as "vanilla" as possible.  This leads me to ask: if
> TUV has removed Seamonkey, what is the recommended tool for editing web
> pages?  And, yes, I'm aware of the existence of both emacs and vim, and
> I have nothing against that approach, but this ain't for me.
>
> Thanks.
>
> 					- Mike

What kind of web development ? (X)HTML, PHP, CSS, Javascript, ... ?
I use PDT (PHP Development Toolkit) for Eclipse. It is free (as in beer)
and available for Windows, Mac and Linux.
And you can use it for coding in Java, C++, ... and there are lots of
plugins available (CVS, subversion, ...).
http://www.eclipse.org/pdt/

Johan