SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2008

From:
Michael Hannon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Hannon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Mar 2008 23:25:52 -0700
Hi, folks.  One of the profs here has requested that we install "Mozilla
SeaMonkey or other webpage editors" on an SL 5.0 system here.

I've read the discussion on this list about the lack of Seamonkey, the
reasons for the lack, and the possible workarounds.  I generally prefer
to keep our systems as "vanilla" as possible.  This leads me to ask: if
TUV has removed Seamonkey, what is the recommended tool for editing web
pages?  And, yes, I'm aware of the existence of both emacs and vim, and
I have nothing against that approach, but this ain't for me.

Thanks.

					- Mike
--
Michael Hannon            mailto:[log in to unmask]
Dept. of Physics          530.752.4966