SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2008

From:
Jérôme Roccaz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jérôme Roccaz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Mar 2008 14:16:39 +0100
Hi all,

I've just installed the last k3b release in order to solve the problem I
had before. Just after installation I tried a simulation of burning, and
it worked!!!
A day after, I tried to burn some data on the same CD-RW I used for
previous simualtion : it failed! I tried another simulation, it failed too!

Is it a k3b problem or a SL 5.1 problem? How to fix it? is there an
alternative (easy to use) to k3b?
I join the error message :

System
-----------------------
K3b Version: 1.0.4

KDE Version: 3.5.4-13.el5 Red Hat
QT Version:  3.3.6
Kernel:      2.6.18-53.1.4.el5
Devices
-----------------------
HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GSA-H53N B104 (/dev/hda, ) [CD-R, CD-RW, CD-ROM,
DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD-R DL, DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD+R DL] [DVD-ROM,
DVD-R séquentiel, DVD-R double couche séquentiel, DVD-RAM, DVD RW à
réinscription limitée, DVD-RW séquentiel, DVD+RW, DVD+R, DVD+R Dual
Layer, CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW] [SAO, TAO, RAW, SAO/R96P, SAO/R96R, RAW/R16,
RAW/R96P, RAW/R96R, Réinscription restreinte]

Used versions
-----------------------
cdrecord: 2.1

cdrecord command:
-----------------------
/usr/bin/cdrecord -v gracetime=2 dev=/dev/hda speed=4 -tao
driveropts=burnfree -eject blank=fast -force

cdrecord
-----------------------
/usr/bin/cdrecord: Cannot allocate memory. WARNING: Cannot do mlockall(2).

/usr/bin/cdrecord: WARNING: This causes a high risk for buffer underruns.
/usr/bin/cdrecord: Operation not permitted. WARNING: Cannot set RR-scheduler
/usr/bin/cdrecord: Permission denied. WARNING: Cannot set priority using
setpriority().
/usr/bin/cdrecord: WARNING: This causes a high risk for buffer underruns.
scsidev: '/dev/hda'
devname: '/dev/hda'
scsibus: -2 target: -2 lun: -2
Error trying to open /dev/hda exclusively ... retrying in 1 second.
Error trying to open /dev/hda exclusively ... retrying in 1 second.
Error trying to open /dev/hda exclusively ... retrying in 1 second.
Error trying to open /dev/hda exclusively ... retrying in 1 second.
Error trying to open /dev/hda exclusively ... retrying in 1 second.
Error trying to open /dev/hda exclusively ... retrying in 1 second.
Error trying to open /dev/hda exclusively ... retrying in 1 second.
Error trying to open /dev/hda exclusively ... retrying in 1 second.
Error trying to open /dev/hda exclusively ... retrying in 1 second.
Error trying to open /dev/hda exclusively ... retrying in 1 second.
/usr/bin/cdrecord: Device or resource busy. Cannot open '/dev/hda'.
Cannot open SCSI driver.
/usr/bin/cdrecord: For possible targets try 'cdrecord -scanbus'. Make
sure you are root.
/usr/bin/cdrecord: For possible transport specifiers try 'cdrecord
dev=help'.
Cdrecord-Clone 2.01 (cpu-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2004 Jörg
Schilling
Note: This version is an unofficial (modified) version with DVD support
Note: and therefore may have bugs that are not present in the original.
Note: Please send bug reports or support requests to
http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla
Note: The author of cdrecord should not be bothered with problems in
this version.
TOC Type: 1 = CD-ROM