SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2008

From:
Jaroslaw Polok <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jaroslaw Polok <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Mar 2008 13:53:28 +0100
Hello all.

> I wonder whether there's a hidden switch when building rpm to make it
> work right with z-stream tags. If there is, the CentOS folks haven't
> found it either... I'm going to check whether TUV's rpm binaries get it
> right, unless someone beats me to it.

unfortunately it is not really consistent: most src rpms use %dist tag
which just needs to be defined at build time: the problem is that
sometimes the tag is there .. but is not used in build process...

The only way we found so far is just grepping on src.rpm name
looking for .el4_5 .el4_6 ... etc in %release and then using
--define %dist to rpmbuild accordingly ...

Cheers

Jarek