SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

March 2008

From:
Oleg Sadov <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Oleg Sadov <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 2008 21:32:29 +0300
During the booting SL51 install media in rescue mode or from boot.iso
images we got only kernel panic messages.

When we try to use kernel images & initrd files from CentOS, everything
works is good. Only one point is different in SL & CentOS kernel srpms
-- kernel config.

May be some kernel misconfiguration? Diff file for that configs is
attached to this message.

PS. SL in diff is named "nau", because it's name of our new project for
adopting Scientific Linux for school education in Russia -- "NauLinux".

--Oleg