SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

February 2008

From:
Stephan Wiesand <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 18 Feb 2008 19:21:27 +0100
On Mon, 18 Feb 2008, Andrea wrote:

> "Paul Johnson" <[log in to unmask]> ha scritto:
>
>> They want you to use "gcalctool" instead. Try it out.
>
> It looks nice, but no RPN...
>
>> EPEL is a good general repository for SL5.
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL
>> I don't know you'll find xcalc there, but it does have lots of stuff
>> I use when I'm in SL.
>
> Apparently no xcalc there, but it sure looks like a useful repository to
> have.

I put up an xcalc SRPM for SL5 here:

   http://www-zeuthen.desy.de/~wiesand/SL5/xcalc-070413-1.src.rpm

It lacks fancy stuff like desktop menu entries, and it's not going to
pass the QA of Fedora Extras / EPEL, but it built on SL5 (which, back
then, was beta) at the date indicated by the package version, and the
result apparently works to date. Licensing should be ok to the very best
of my understanding.

I'm not seriously proposing adding this to SL...

Cheers,
 	Stephan

--
Stephan Wiesand