SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

February 2008

Date:
Mon, 18 Feb 2008 19:19:41 +0100
Dan Halbert <[log in to unmask]> ha scritto:

> I did a little research, and there are two RH bugs on xcalc being
> orphaned: see http://bugzilla,redhat.com bugs 198571 and 204513. The
> latter points to some FC5 packages at columbia.edu. The i386 doesn't
> install immediately on 5.1, but maybe a little work would make it
> possible.

I've tried the RPM linked at the 2nd bug: it expands to a source
tarball. Tried to compile it, and succeeded, but the resulting binary
doesn't work right (I get a window with weird squares and a zero).

Well, at least we've determined that this isn't an issue with Scientific
Linux or a repository problem. I think I'll look for the source to
xcalc directly at x.org.

Thanks everybody,
Andrea