SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

February 2008

From:
Paul Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2008 13:40:01 -0600
> OK thanks for the info. What about that "R" programming language? :-)

I just cobbled together some course notes for my graduate research
methods.  Perhaps they are on point. I have a lot of information about
how to run R, possibly from inside Emacs, also with the R GUI
interfaces "rkward" and "Rcmdr".

Of course, feedback is needed, as this is a working draft that I
modestly call "Stuff Worth Knowing (and not much more)"  I thought
that title had some real ZIP to it.

http://pj.freefaculty.org/stat/StuffWorthKnowing.pdf

I'm still trying to maintain my old tip sheet for R

http://pj.freefaculty.org/R/Rtips.html

But that's more about specific dos and don'ts

--
Paul E. Johnson
Professor, Political Science