SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

February 2008

From:
John Hearns <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 28 Feb 2008 08:29:38 +0000
On Thu, 2008-02-28 at 09:00 +0100, Mark Tilles wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I recently installed SL 5.1 but accidentally erased /etc/httpd/ folder
> … daaaaa.  Could someone who has this folder intact and unmodified
> please post this folder gzipped somewhere where I can download it?

You should be able to re-install the apache RPM.
Download the apache RPM, or find it on your install media.

rpm -Uvh --replacepkgs   <name of RPM>

Note - this will do a complete re-install of the apache RPM.
And post-install customisation you have done will be lost - so caveat
emptor, cave canem, YMMV and backup your configs.

Or, you should be able to unpack the apache RPM in another directory,
using

 rpm2cpio <name of RPM>  | cpio -idv

and then copy over the contents of /etc/httpd

The second way would be the safest I think.