SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

February 2008

From:
Jon Peatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jon Peatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Feb 2008 16:45:30 +0000
On Fri, 8 Feb 2008, Troy Dawson wrote:

<snip>
> Jon,
>
> If you can provide a spec file and/or a src.rpm for R, that would be
> wonderful.  If all I need to do is just a recompile, that would help
> things immensely.
>
> I can always just put the releases into Contrib or Testing in between
> releases.
> Troy

I just started looking at it based on the R-2.6.1 R.specfile (oddly they
havn't had time to put the 2.6.2 version up yet).

Going through the set of changes between that and the SL5 R-2.5.0 specfile
I don't initially see many changes needed (well I have to make some evil
changes 'cos we do tex/texinfo differently than the rest of the world and
want to use a different R_BROWSER but I've but those in a conditional on
DAMTPHACK being defined in the specfile.

I'm running rpmbuild right now (for i386) so I'll hopefully know if it at
least builds in the next few minutes.

If it does build and will install/run on at least one test box I'll upload
the srpm into http://www.damtp.cam.ac.uk/linux/sl/damtp/5x/ and send
another message.

  -- Jon