SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

February 2008

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2008 09:35:27 -0600
Andrew Elwell wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I notice that TUV released their 4.6 release last November and both
> CentOS and SLC have 4.6 available
>
> Is there a rough timeline for the plan SL release of this coming out
> (on x86_64 / i386)
>
> is there a buglist of showstoppers or just finite manpower?
>
> Many thanks
>

> Andrew

Hi Andrew,
In the end, it's been finite manpower.
Connie and I had to get SLF 5.1 out, which ended up being more painful that we
expected.  We're hopefully close to getting that done. I'm doing most of the
end work on that while Connie has started working on SL 4.6.
Estimate of when it will be done?  None at the moment.
Troy
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/LCSI/CSI DSS Group