SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

February 2008

From:
Jon Peatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jon Peatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Feb 2008 20:32:15 +0000
On Fri, 8 Feb 2008, Jon Peatfield wrote:

<snip>
> I'm running rpmbuild right now (for i386) so I'll hopefully know if it at
> least builds in the next few minutes.
>
> If it does build and will install/run on at least one test box I'll upload
> the srpm into http://www.damtp.cam.ac.uk/linux/sl/damtp/5x/ and send another
> message.

Well the build eventually worked once I stopped being stupid about the
build environment.  However it needs doing again 'cos I forgot to bump the
epoch (r-project's R.spec set it to 1 which SL's set it to 2).

Currently rebuilding so the srpm will probably be another 30 mins or so.
The version with the wrong epoch seems to run ok.

$ R

R version 2.6.2 (2008-02-08)
Copyright (C) 2008 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
ISBN 3-900051-07-0

Type 'q()' to quit R.

> version
                _
platform       i686-redhat-linux-gnu
arch           i686
os             linux-gnu
system         i686, linux-gnu
status
major          2
minor          6.2
year           2008
month          02
day            08
svn rev        44383
language       R
version.string R version 2.6.2 (2008-02-08)

(well I only ran some simple demos but apparently the 'make check-all' in
the %build tests huge amounts of stuff.

  -- Jon