SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-ANNOUNCE Archives

February 2008

SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-ANNOUNCE@LISTSERV.FNAL.GOV

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Feb 2008 09:02:21 -0600
Troy Dawson wrote:
> Hello,
> The distributions Scientific Linux 301, 302, 303, 304, 305, 307 and 308 have
> not been supported since November 2007.  We will be moving them off the main
> distribution server (ftp.scientificlinux.org) on February 29, 2008, and we are
> asking all of our mirrors to do the same.
>
> For those that might have some reason to access a package or two from an older
> SL3 release, they will be available in the obsoletes directory.  But we are
> asking our mirrors to not mirror that directory.

It has been correctly pointed out that some mirrors may have a reason to mirror
the obsoletes area.  So I will reword the above statement.

The distributions Scientific Linux 301, 302, 303, 304, 305, 307 and 308 have
not been supported since November 2007.  We will be moving these releases into
a directory called obsolete on February 29, 2008.  They are being moved there
so that users know that they are no longer supported.  If a user still needs to
run SL3, the only release still getting security updates is SL 309.

Thank You
Troy Dawson
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/LCSI/CSI DSS Group