SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2008

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jan 2008 09:08:16 -0600
One thing to remember when dealing with the DVD's, is to make sure your windows
file system can handle file's bigger than 2 Gig.  I'm pretty sure that NTFS
(the standard for WinXP and Vista) can handle files that big, but I'm sure that
FAT (the standard for Win95, 98, me) can not handle DVD sized files.
That doesn't really look like your problem, since it's failling so early on.
I'm just warning, because we've had some users have that problem in the past.

If it fails again, please give me the approximate time you started downloading,
and when it failed, and the IP address you are comming from, and I'll have a
look at the server logs.

Troy

Samuel Siqueira wrote:
> Through FTP I tried too, and downloaded 351 MB. And HTTP is still
> resulting that error. I will try Mozila like Joćo Marcelo told. It is
> probably that.
> Thank you both for your help.
>
> Samuel
>
> 2008/1/27, markaoki <[log in to unmask]>:
>> hi Samuel,
>> I just now tried http and ftp and it seems to connect and start downloading
>> (Im on wireless so would take
>> forever to dl even a CD).
>>
>> So, maybe you are good to go now.
>>
>> BTW, I had a problem last week where I could download the DVD image but it
>> was only partial (corrupted)
>> and failed MD5 hash, and of course wouldn't install. Don't know if its still
>> a prob.

Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/LCSI/CSI DSS Group