SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2008

From:
Jon Peatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jon Peatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jan 2008 19:39:12 +0000
On Tue, 22 Jan 2008, Jean-Paul Chaput wrote:

> Thanks for your reply Jon.
>
> You pinpointed where my fault was : I use a patched version of
> yum for which I've sets the Epoch to 1 (to prevent upgrade from
> SL overwriting my version).
>
> So the requirement "yum < 3.1.0-0" is no longer met (for me,
> should be "yum < 1:3.1.0-0")
>
> By the way I've got yum-utils-1.0.4-2.sl5.src.rpm, and one
> difference I see in the spec file over the mysterious 1.0.4-3
> is the lack of requirement for 3.1.0-0 ...
>
> NB: my patch over yum adds a "synch" command which synchronise
>    a computer on one special group (useful to maintain large
>    group of computers).

You *may* be able to just turn your patch into a yum plugin in which case
it can be included in it's own rpm and not need to touch the standard
stuff.

There are examples of plugins which add new yum-commands though I've never
examines any of them in detail, most just add extra options/switches etc.

  -- Jon