SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2008

From:
markaoki <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 20 Jan 2008 11:25:12 -0800
The config limits chart for SL covers only V3 and 4, so I don't know for
sure.

Red Hat has a chart covering RHEL 3, 4, and 5, indicating a drop in
supported
maximum per-process memory, from 4gb to 3gb, for V5 over the prior versions:
http://www.redhat.com/rhel/compare/

I don't see hugemem kernel anywhere, not since SL 4 anyway.

To get 4gb I could run an earlier SL I suppose, or steal its .config file &
roll
a new hugemem kernel...or better yet, code review the program asking for all
that memory
in the first place :-\

Actually, that will be my tack...push it back on the developer : )